Seven starry nights
This seven day retreat has something for everyone. During our time together, we will explore the local culture and cuisine, work with our hands to channel our inner creativity, and nurture our minds, bodies and souls with yoga, guided workshops, relaxation and, of course, delicious food!
Saturday | Arrive and Welcome!
- Pick-up in Toulouse and travel to the château
- Welcome and introductions
- Our journeys, why we are here
- Magic carpet cocktails
- Candlelit dinner in the champagne room
Sunday | Get to know the Château and its Surroundings
- Sunday village market
- Walk in the mountains with packed picnic lunch, or, relax by the pool :)
- Château de Gudanes tour
- 18th century dinner in the Salon de Musique, with live harp music!
Monday | Game of Thrones Day in Mirepoix and Château de la Tour
- Morning at Mirepoix market
- Tour of Château de la Tour (David's 13th century château in a ruined fortified village)
- French onion soup and crusty bread :)
Tuesday | Ou La La Day
- Styling and photography workshop
- Local french cuisine at Daniel’s
- 'An hour with Samantha Verrant', author of 'Seven Letters from Paris'
- Walk in the mountains, relax by the pool, or tennis!
- Aperitif and chitchat
- La Cube dinner
- 'Marie Antoinette' on the outdoor screen
Wednesday | Smouldering Franz Day
- Walk in the woods
- 'A morning in the 18th century with Frantz Wehrle'. Restoration and painted effects
- Flower picking and arranging
- Wine tasting
- Petanque and pizza at the local village square
Thursday | Cooking & Restoration
- Visit the Niaux prehistoric cave
- Create your own french sandwich for lunch
- 'Tune up your mind' with Vivienne Edgecombe
- Restoration with Francesco, David and Frantz, or afternoon tea with friands!
- Cooking workshop with Marie, Andree and Monique
Friday | Journey into the world of the Cathars
- Excursion to Château Montsegur
- Lunch in the woods
- Historical presentation about the Cathar people
- Château banquet in the château cellar, or, village fête
- Bastille celebration in Tarascon!
Saturday | Au Revoir Mes Amies
- Pack-up and goodbyes :(
- Travel back to Toulouse with a stop Foix brocante market (if it's on), just so you know :)
We are running this wonderful retreat on two occasions: July 8th - 15th and July 22nd - 29th.
The cost of the retreat is €4500, all-inclusive (excludes flights to Toulouse, personal spending money and personal insurances).