Work has recommenced at the chateau this week.
Look forward to sharing the progress, process and hopefully not too much panic, renovating a property in France. And here is a New Years January To Do List for starters:
- Apply for grant from Historic Monuments.
- Apply for french bank loan - becoming urgent, nothing more needed to be said!
- Complete electricity/plumbing/infloor heating plan.
- Finish dossier for funding from Chamber of Commerce in Foix.
- Decide on lengths of wood to be milled collected from chateau parc.
- Sort out my photos, I need Lightroom asap.
- Book airfare and rental car.
- Buy some Australian paraphenalia to take with me next trip - the French love boomerangs, koalas t-towels, rugby caps and stuffed toy kangaroos...
- Send a thank-you to Janine, editor of The Good Life France for writing article and genuine encouragement.
- And a thank-you to Carla Loves Photography for kindly photographing the chateau before the restoration.