Welcome to Château de Gudanes (“the Château”). We hope that you will enjoy your time here with us during the Bric-a-Brac Away Experience.
LES TORRENTS D’ASTON
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS
Château de Gudanes
(“we”, “us”, “our”)
It is a condition of entry to the Château, and the Bric-a-Brac Away Experience, that you read and agree to comply with the terms of this letter, which sets out our policies concerning your participation in the Bric-a-Brac Away Experience and stay at the Chateau.
1. Personal details: In order for us to process your booking, you must provide us with your full name, dietary requirements and any pre-existing health conditions.
2. Deposit: You are required to pay Château de Gudanes a non-refundable, deposit of 25% per person, to confirm your reservation.
3. Payment: You are required to pay the full balance to Château de Gudanes on or before the 29th of May 2017. Bookings made within 8 weeks of the Experience start date, must be paid in full upon booking.
4. Late payment: If the full balance is not received by the due date, Chateau de Gudanes reserves the right to cancel your reservation and retain the deposit.
5. Cancellation by Château de Gudanes: If for some reason, the Experience needs to be cancelled, Château de Gudanes will offer a full refund (of the deposit also). We are not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, insurances, vaccinations or non-refundable flights.
6. Price inclusions
• All accommodation
• All transport listed in the week’s schedule
(You must ensure that you arrive in Toulouse at the designated pick-up time. If you arrive at a different time, you will need to arrange to get to the Château at your own cost.)
• All activities listed in the week’s schedule
• All meals and house beverages as listed in the week’s schedule
• Flights and associated fees to Toulouse
• Visa and passport fees
• Travel and medical insurances
• Spending money
8. Change of itinerary: While we endeavour to operate all Experiences as described, we reserve the right to change the schedule and will inform you as soon as possible.
9. Insurance: Travel insurance is compulsory for all Experience participants and should be taken out at least 7 days prior to departure. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the heads of cover. We also strongly recommend you purchase insurance at the time of booking, and that it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You will not be permitted to join the Experience without it.
10. Behaviour: You are expected to behave in a manner that is respectful and considerate of other retreat attendees, Château staff and the Château itself.
11. Safety: You acknowledge that the Château’s facilities are limited and basic in keeping with our philosophy of experiencing an 18th Century chateau. Most rooms in the Château do not have electricity. It will be necessary for you to carry a torch with you when it is dark. You agree to act in a responsible manner around candles, and ensure that open flames are not left unattended and that candles are placed in a safe place at all times.
12. Assumption of risks: The Château is undergoing extensive and ongoing restoration work. You acknowledge that it is not possible to discontinue this work during the course of your visit. This means that parts of the Château and its grounds may be hazardous and dangerous. You further acknowledge that you are entering the Château and its grounds at your own risk. You must exercise care and caution and wear closed in shoes at all times.
13. Lodging arrangements: You understand that all rooms are twin share. You can request to share with more than two people. Bathroom facilities are shared.
14. Personal effects: You acknowledge that your personal belongings are not secure and that it is your responsibility to ensure that you keep valuable items with you at all times. Château de Gudanes is not responsible for any loss or damage that occurs to your belongings.
15. Errors & omissions:
Although we have made a concerted attempt to verify the accuracy of statements made in our activity schedules, including our website, country information, and itineraries; we cannot be held responsible for any error, omission or unintentional misrepresentation that may occur.
16. Acceptance of risk: In consideration of you being permitted to enter the Château and its grounds, you hereby assume all risk of illness, accident and all risk of personal injury (including death) to yourself and to your personal property, sustained whilst you are in the Chateau and its grounds and you and your heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns hereby release us and our directors, officers, and employees from any and all liability whatsoever for any loss, personal injury (including death) or property damage which you may suffer whilst in the Château and its grounds.
17. Breach of these terms and conditions: Château de Gudanes reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to request that you leave the retreat, in the event of any breach of these terms and conditions. The customer will be required to vacate the property and Château de Gudanes will not refund payment or accept any consequential liability damages or loss.
18. Agreement: You hereby agree to hold harmless and indemnify us, our directors, officers, employees, licensees, agents, assigns and successors against any and all claims, actions, proceedings, demands, liability, costs, losses, damages and expenses resulting from or by reason of any claim arising from a breach of any of your representations, agreements and undertakings made by you in this letter agreement.
19. Applicable by law: This agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of England and Wales, whose courts shall be the courts of exclusive jurisdiction.
I confirm that I have read and understand this agreement prior to signing it, and I am aware that by signing this agreement I am waiving certain legal rights which I or my heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and representatives may have against Château de Gudanes.